Damani Parran, Ph.D., DABT and Jalissa Nguyen, Ph.D., DABT, of EHS Support’s Sediment & Risk Assessment (SRA) team attended and participated in the 62nd Annual Meeting and ToxExpo held in Nashville. The event brought together more than 5,000 toxicologists and those working in areas related to toxicology to share the latest science and technology in the field, make new connections, gather with friends, and engage in mentoring and professional development.
While attending the annual meeting, Damani and Jalissa had the opportunity to:
- Learn about the application and the regulatory review of New Approach Methodologies (NAMs) or non-animal approaches and their utility in drug development and chemical risk assessment.
- Participate in the Mechanisms and Molecular and Systems Biology Specialty Section Collaboration mentoring roundtable. In this session, they shared their expertise and insight with early career participants.
- Serve as
Poster Session chairs for the PFAS I and PFAS II poster sessions.
- Learn about the adverse impacts of PFAS exposure, reproductive development, and other critical endpoints.
- Examine lifelong public health impacts of chemical exposure during maternal exposure during pregnancy and lactation.
- Discuss the growing industry for cannabis and cannabinoids.
In conjunction with the conference, Damani was welcomed in as the next Vice-President Elect of the Sustainable Chemicals through Contemporary Toxicology Specialty Section. Congratulations, Damani!