A job interview can be a scary, nerve-racking experience, especially if you haven’t been to one in a few years. The thing is, it doesn’t have to be.
Here at EHS Support, we take the angst out of interviewing and let you know exactly what to expect.
Ours is a three-part process. The initial reach-out and interview will be with the HR manager and will consist of a resume review and behavioral interview style questions, so that you can provide details and real-life examples of how you’ve used your skills during your career experience. At this stage, be prepared to share a technical writing sample and list of your professional references.
The second interview is with the hiring team in a panel-style conversation. This interview is more focused around technical knowledge and experience to gauge where your individual skills and strengths could best fit into the team and the needs of the open position.
The third and final interview is with the respective director in each service group and is upon recommendation by the hiring team.
Being prepared for an interview is paramount. Below are some tips to help you be successful:
- Be ready to discuss your past achievements, future career aspirations, and why you are interested in a career in consulting at EHS Support.
- Don’t be afraid to ask your interviewers questions about consulting and about EHS Support. Remember: interviewing is a two-way process. EHS Support must be the right fit for you as much as you need to be the right fit for us.
- Don’t hesitate to ask for clarification if you are unsure about anything. and don’t rush. take time to think about your answers before giving them.
- Be succinct. Don’t ramble on and on. That said, don’t just give yes-or-no answers.
- Practice! Review some sample interview questions ahead of time or have a peer do a mock interview with you.
- Finally, just be yourself. We want to get to know the real you. we also want to be sure we’re going to be the right cultural and technical fit for your needs.
So that’s it! Be prepared and be yourself and there’s no need to sweat the interview process. Good luck!
(To view our current openings, visit our Careers page.)
By Sarah Kitchen, EHS Support Recruiting & Integration Manager